Lead Vegetation Maintenance Coordinator
Hay River, NT
Under the direction of the TD Line Manager, the Lead Vegetation Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the identification, planning, execution, and close out of vegetation management projects on and around NTPC’s right-ofways, substations, and Plants. Scope includes all communities, Plants, transmission lines, distribution lines, substations, switchyards, and facilities.
- Develop and maintain the ten-year vegetation management plan and ensure the plan reflects the needs, priorities, and risks of NTPC.
- Conduct site visits and vegetation assessments to support the development and maintenance of individual projects and the ten-year plan.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for consultants and contractors to perform vegetation assessments, slashing, mulching, herbicide application, and other activities, including:
- Prepare the detailed scope of work for services.
- Analyse the received proposals.
- Recommend award of contract.
- Administer contracts.
- Obtain GNWT Herbicide Application Permits as required.
- Act as worksite monitor on brushing and herbicide projects.
- Works to support capital projects where there are vegetation concerns or issues.
- Works to support Operations during major weather events.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of Federal and Territorial regulations, best practices, and safety codes pertinent to NTPC’s vegetation management program.
- Provides training to and receives training from co-workers, as well as performing other responsibilities in applicable areas within your work unit as assigned by management.
- Directly supervise local hires for immediate vegetation control.
- A Diploma in Forestry, Horticulture or Environmental studies from an institute of technology or equivalent.
- Must be registered as a Certified Utility Arborist, Utility Tree Trimmer. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in utility vegetation is a requirement.
- Good planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage contractor resources.
- Must undergo a successful criminal records check.
- Valid Class 5 NT driver’s license or equivalent.
Salary for this position ranges from $50.64/hr.-$61.53/hr. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes health and dental benefits, long-term disability, life insurance, paid sick days and a defined benefits pension plan.
Relocation assistance will be provided.
Affirmative Action Employer – Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Post End Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at 11:59p.m. (MST)
To apply: Job Listings at Northwest Territories Power Corporation (icims.com)